Monday, February 14, 2011

My Music

My daughter is in her room, her beautiful voice lifting as she belts out one of her favorite songs.
My son is strumming his guitar, his voice rising above the notes as he tries to master the difficult task of singing while playing.
I pause, listen........ and smile.
Yet, as much as this fills me, and believe me, it does fill me, there is another kind of music that is my treasure as much if not more.
It is morning.......
My oldest daughter’s footsteps stomp across the hardwood floor. the light switch flicking on. my husbands keys jingling. the toilet flushing. running water. teeth being brushed. more stomping. squeaky closet doors opening. one child skips down the stairs. one shuffles. one drags. cereal bowls hit the counter. the swoosh of milk being poured. dishes clanking into the dishwasher (this only happens sometimes.)
The happy sounds of our morning.... everyday sounds but oh so precious.
i pause and listen.....and smile.
The sounds of our life together.
My music.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic. i love your description. i love all of your posts, they really are amazing.

    ReplyDelete